Workshops within the project "Once upon today... in Europe" for educators and teachers from Estonia, Germany, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Ukraine.
What is the topic of the online workshops?
We want to focus on DEMOCRACY, the courage to change and the courage to act! We will
- explore the period of "89,90,91", the end of communism and new democractic beginnings in
- build a bridge to present times, to current activism and oppositional movements
- think about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on our democracies.
What can you expect from the online workshops?
We invite you:
- to discuss together with well established figures of history, education and museology as well
as activists the state of democracy in past and present
- to get to know other multipliers and to share our experiences in the field of history and civic
- to explore new methods, formats and approaches in our projects, including success stories.
What’s the idea of the online workshops?
From the very start of our project „Once upon today… in Europe” we have aimed at broadening our
horizons and those of our participants: meeting new people with diverse identities from all over
Europe, hearing their stories and critically thinking of history, politics and education in our
countries. With this event, we want to discuss with experts, further connect former and new
participants, develop new approaches for civic and history education and also think about next
steps for the Once upon today project.
What are the conditions for participation?
It is obligatory to participate in all the parts of the training. The participation in the workshop is free
of charge. The workshops will be held in English
Please apply online. Deadline: May 16, 2021
Download programme "Once upon today in Europe online workshops".
Zeit: 2. Juli 2021 um 15:00 - 20:00